Ork Airfield Defence Force* Vehicles II
Having finished a couple of these, I have been working on a some more of the Ork Airfield Defence Force airfield vehicles.
These models are starting off from Ork Flakwagons.
The boys from the epic40k.co.uk forums have come up with some cracking ideas for vehicles.
- Fuel Bowser
- Ork firefighters (Maniakal Grotz with an excuse to sqkirt othuz)...
- Ork ambulance equivalents (Something like "Mad Doc Jimbo'z Recycled Body Partz" or "Ork Boss Primark's BBQ Wagun!")...
- Ork personnel transports to get the pilutz and crew out to the rokkit fightaz!
- Ork mekanik kar...
- Ork winch and mechanikal arm kar...
- Ork bulldozah (or would they call it a squigdozah?) for clearing all of the "akksidentz" off the runway.
- A luggage loader - to get the loot on and off (think airport suitcase baggage trains).
- A huge set of steps for the pilots, complete with a egotistical flyboy perched on the top.
- Recovery wagons, for carting crashed Fightas back to the Mek's workshop...
- Unarmed Wartraks for towing planes on the ground.
This is one attempt using the smoke launchers from the 40K scale Chaos Rhino, personally I think they look a little too high tech for the Orks.
Here is another one which looks more convincing using Space Marine era Basilisk guns.
This is my Ork Anti-Dropship Flakwagon.
The concept is that upon sighting an Imperial Dropship (or similar) it would fire all three rockets and attempt to take it down.
It is also used on the battlefield as a heavy artillery piece as well.
It is an Ork Flakwagon with the side panels cut off. A Hydra central unit (from the main weapon) is stuck onto the back and then three Pulsa Rokkits are stuck on that.
It could also be used as a Ork Soopagun.
* I know a more Orkish name would be more in keeping with the fluff...