Ork Airfield Defence Force* Vehicles III
As well as my other vehicles I have dug out some old buggies which I am aiming to finish off and use with the force. These are FlakBuggies or Ack Ack Buggies.
These models are starting off from Ork Buggies.
They use Flakwagon weapons (which I had used as Trukks in other conversions). Though the one on the end is using a Big Gunz instead.
The boys from the epic40k.co.uk forums have come up with some cracking ideas for vehicles.
- Fuel Bowser
- Ork firefighters (Maniakal Grotz with an excuse to sqkirt othuz)...
- Ork ambulance equivalents (Something like "Mad Doc Jimbo'z Recycled Body Partz" or "Ork Boss Primark's BBQ Wagun!")...
- Ork personnel transports to get the pilutz and crew out to the rokkit fightaz!
- Ork mekanik kar...
- Ork winch and mechanikal arm kar...
- Ork bulldozah (or would they call it a squigdozah?) for clearing all of the "akksidentz" off the runway.
- A luggage loader - to get the loot on and off (think airport suitcase baggage trains).
- A huge set of steps for the pilots, complete with a egotistical flyboy perched on the top.
- Recovery wagons, for carting crashed Fightas back to the Mek's workshop...
- Unarmed Wartraks for towing planes on the ground.
Here is a conversion of an Imperial Basilisk Hull (older model version) with a crane made from the claws of a plastic Ork Battlewagon. The hull was filled with green stuff and a dozer blade from Epic40k models was added to the front.
* I know a more Orkish name would be more in keeping with the fluff...